Luis J. Rodriguez, DMD, MS
Orthodontics is the most beautiful and complete of all specialties of dentistry. Not only am I able to positively alter a patient’s bite, but I am also able to create a beautiful smile to last a lifetime. It is extremely fulfilling to know I can have a positive impact on a person’s self-esteem and confidence because of the care I provide. I am passionate about providing high-quality care and great results, from the simplest case to more challenging situations.
Education and experience
- Associate in Arts – Miami-Dade Community College, 1987
- Bachelor’s in biology – Florida International University, 1990
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Florida College of Dentistry, 1994
- Master of Science, certificate in orthodontics – University of Detroit Mercy, 1999
It is important to keep up with new treatment modalities and techniques to provide patients with optimal results and aesthetics. I am very involved in continuing education programs on the local, state, and national level. I have had extensive training and continue to expand and acquire the latest new mechanisms to treat an array of cases from early interceptive malocclusion to severe adult orthognathic cases.
In addition to advancing my own education, I teach future generations of dentists at the University of Florida College of Dentistry’s Internationally-Educated Dentists Program.
- American Association of Orthodontists, board eligible
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- American Academy of Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Ceola-Helo Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association